RECIPE - 63. Cucumber Caprese Salad
Skip the prep headache and spend 10 minutes making this DELICIOUS summer salad. It's crisp, light, and balanced with the creamy mozzarella cheese. You can make it and save it for later. It's even better after sitting in the fridge for a few hours.
About the Contributor:
Heather is a working mom of four. With little time to waste on laborious meals or bad recipes, she took to Pinterest to find the musts and weed out the busts. See what she recommends for your busy week at www.mustorbustrecipes.com.
- 1/2 English cucumber, quartered and thinly-sliced (and peeled, if you prefer)
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces mozzarella (baby mozzarella balls or diced mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed fresh basil leaves, julienned
- 2-3 tablespoons red onion, small diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, mozzarella and fresh basil.
- Add oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Note: This recipe is certainly better with both vinegars, but if you’d rather just use one, stick with the balsamic. AND if you're not a fan of onions, this recipe is still great without them.