This lighter version of lasagna soup doesn't taste light at all. Sinfully indulgent but relatively guilt-free, your tastebuds will love you and so will your waistline. The stars truly align when a dish so simple tastes this good. Have your family smiling from ear to ear in half an hour!
RECIPE - 4. Guilt Free Lasagna Soup
Guilt-Free Lasagna Soup
About the Contributor:
Heather is a working mom of four. With little time to waste on laborious meals or bad recipes, she took to Pinterest to find the musts and weed out the busts. See what she recommends for your busy week at www.mustorbustrecipes.com.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ box of mini farfalle (small bowtie) noodles
- 2 cups low fat shredded mozzarella
- In a large pot over medium heat, spray the bottom of the pan with cooking spray.
- Add onions and season with salt. Cook until tender and golden, 5 minutes, then add sausage and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat and return to pot.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute, then add crushed tomatoes and dried oregano.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 10 minutes.
- Add mozzarella and stir, letting melt into soup.
- Garnish with Parmesan and basil.
Garnish with grated parmesan and torn fresh basil.