RECIPE - 39. Maple Bacon Asparagus Bundles
Part of the lure of this side is that it's fun to make! Simply wash and trim the asparagus, and then have fun wrapping the bundles with bacon. It's like an art project! Finally, whip together a quick maple syrup sauce and brush it on! This side is as fun to make as it is to eat. Yummmmmm.
About the Contributor:
Amanda Wilson is a wife, mama, foster mama, and licensed RN. She provides practical, realistic, and approachable ideas for clean eating and fitness through www.awilsonwellness.com.
- 1 pack Hormel Black Label Center Cut Bacon OR Turkey Bacon (needs 8-10 slices)
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 1 tbsp butter (kerry gold or another brand)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Wash and dry asparagus. Trim the ends off.
- Form groups of 3-4 asparagus spears (depending on how thick the asparagus is).
- Take one slice of bacon and wrap around asparagus bundles, lengthening the wrap so that it covers a large part of the asparagus.
- Lay on a greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add pure maple syrup and smoked paprika. Stir together and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Brush each asparagus bundle with sauce.
- Cook in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. You can drizzle any remaining sauce.