There are lots of variations on the traditional mandarin orange salad, but this version is definitely a winner. Add bacon if you want or leave it out for a light and simple citrusy side. It can be quickly thrown together for any weeknight meal or even a holiday celebration.
About the Contributor:
Brooke Robinson launched www.btribalfit.com in 2016 as a new way to do fitness. It's an online fitness platform that incorporates community, accountability, and positive wisdom as a few of its key elements. Brooke loves finding food that works for her body. Although she stocks plenty of fruits and veggies, she isn't afraid of carbs or grains. Keep an eye out for her body fueling recipes.
- 1 head of green leaf lettuce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 15-ounce can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Shredded parmesan for garnish
- Mix dressing ingredients in a jar and shake.
- Wash, dry, and chop lettuce.
- Place lettuce in a bowl. Add orange segments, onion, dried cranberries, almonds, and bacon (if desired).
- Top with dressing when ready to serve.