Create rich, full-flavored, French dip goodness in your own home. It takes 5 minutes to quarter an onion and add the ingredients to your Crock-Pot. Set it before you head out for the day, and when you return you'll enjoy a meal so good you'll want seconds.
About the Contributor:
Heather is a working mom of four. With little time to waste on laborious meals or bad recipes, she took to Pinterest to find the musts and weed out the busts. See what she recommends for your busy week at www.mustorbustrecipes.com
- 2-3 lb. beef chuck roast
- 1 onion, quartered
- 4-6 c. water
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1 Hidden Valley dry ranch packet
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 buns
- Cheddar cheese
- Peel and quarter the onion
- Place the roast and onion in the slow cooker.
- Cover with water and add soy sauce, ranch packet, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Set the slow cooker to LOW and let it work for about 8 hours
- When it’s done, shred your roast beef and skim off some of the fat.
- Assemble your sandwich and put some au jus in a bowl for dipping. Enjoy!