Do you love pesto? Ready to take it to the next level? Be AMAZED at what your two hands can make with this simple meal. Your tastebuds will thank you and you might voice a few expletives. It's that good.
RECIPE - 2. Pesto Penne Pasta
Meal Kit Challenge:
Have you ever wanted to try a meal kit service but you needed a dinner plan for TOMORROW? Problem solved. We scoured Blue Apron for a few recipes that looked particularly delicious. Give this one a try this week.
See the original and more at: https://www.blueapron.com/recipes/pesto-pasta-with-broccoli-lemon-ricotta
- Fill a medium pot with salted water; cover and heat to boiling on high. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Cut off and discard the bottom 1/2 inch of the broccoli stem; roughly chop the broccoli. Peel and roughly chop 2 cloves of garlic. Quarter and deseed the lemon. Roughly chop the peppers.
- In a large pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat a drizzle of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the chopped broccoli and garlic and as much of the red pepper flakes as you’d like, depending on how spicy you’d like the dish to be. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes, or until lightly browned and slightly softened. Add 1 cup of water (carefully, as the liquid may splatter). Cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes, or until the broccoli is softened and the water has cooked off. Turn off the heat.
- While the broccoli cooks, add the pasta to the pot of boiling water. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente (still slightly firm to the bite). Reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water, drain thoroughly.
- While the pasta cooks, in a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, half the parmesan cheese, and the juice of the lemon wedges. Season with salt and pepper.
- To the pan of cooked broccoli, add the cooked pasta, Greek yogurt, and half the reserved pasta cooking water. Cook on medium-high, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes, or until the pasta is coated. Turn off the heat. Stir in the pesto and chopped peppers (if necessary, gradually add the remaining pasta cooking water to ensure the pasta is thoroughly coated). Taste, then season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve the finished pasta topped with the lemon ricotta and remaining parmesan cheese. Enjoy!