Jalapeno Cranberry Relish for Croissant Sandwiches
Every year I make a jalapeño cranberry relish for our holiday meals, but it’s really the star of the show when it comes to leftovers. It’s so easy to make, but it makes a big flavor punch as a side or on a sandwich. The relish also make a great appetizer when served on top of room temperature cream cheese or toasted brie.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Set in fridge overnight
- 12 oz. of Cranberries (about 4 cups)
- 1 Jalapeño, seeds removed
- 2 cups of Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar (*see recipe note)
- 3 Teaspoons of Lime Juice (could also use lemon juice or a combination of the two)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- Wash and dry the cranberries, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- Cut open your jalapeño and remove the stem and seeds. If you want to have less spice, use only half of the jalapeño. Leave the seeds if you want a really spicy relish.
- Remove the cilantro leaves from the stems. Discard the stems.
- Put 4 cups of cranberries, one jalapeño, 2 cups of cilantro, 1/2 cup of sugar*, 3 teaspoons of lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a food processor. Pulse until you get your desired consistency.
- Pour the relish into a bowl, and stir to evenly combine all the ingredients.
- Cover and store it in the refrigerator overnight to let the flavors blend and develop.
- Serve as a side or use it to dress sandwiches. You can also pour it on top of a block of cream cheese or on top of warm brie to serve as an appetizer.
*Note: This is a tart relish that is meant to complement sweet ham, creamy cheeses, and savory turkey or steak. If you want a sweeter relish, use 1 cup of sugar.
Original price $0.35 - Original price $0.35Original price$0.35$0.35 - $0.35Current price $0.35
Stock up on several of these juicy, Fresh Limes to enjoy with everyday meal planning. Freshly squeezed limes provide a healthy dose of vitamin C to...View full detailsOriginal price $0.35 - Original price $0.35Original price$0.35$0.35 - $0.35Current price $0.35
Original price $3.44 - Original price $3.44Original price$3.44$3.44 - $3.44Current price $3.44
C&H Premium Pure Cane Granulated Sugar, 4 lb Pure Cane Sugar for the best bakingCraftmanship with more than 100 years of experienceGluten fre...View full detailsOriginal price $3.44 - Original price $3.44Original price$3.44$3.44 - $3.44Current price $3.44